Counsel for Creditor Actions & Collections
Dunn Law Firm has a strong tradition of representing creditors in Central Illinois. We represent clients in various creditor actions including foreclosures and collections, and represent commercial and retail clients in a variety of legal matters in Central Illinois.
- Commercial collections – collection of commercial debt, secured and unsecured, for small and large businesses, contractors, subcontractors, banks, lenders, commercial landlords and equipment lessors.
- Retail collections – collection of consumer debt, secured and unsecured, for banks, savings and loans, credit unions and other lenders.
- Construction collections – filing and enforcement of mechanics lien claims, and labor and material payment bond claims.
- Replevins – repossession and recovery of collateral from defaulting debtors for lessors and other secured creditors.
- Litigation – prosecution of debt collection civil actions in state and Federal Court, and before alternative dispute resolution forums (arbitration, mediation).
- Credit policy review – review and recommend improvements to clients' credit applications, sales contract terms and conditions, invoice terms and conditions, personal and corporate guarantees, and security agreements. Consult with clients on implementation of credit policies.
Foreclosure Actions & Alternatives
Dunn Law Firm represents real estate secured clients in a variety of foreclosure, eviction and real estate-related matters in Central Illinois.
- Residential and commercial foreclosures – initiating foreclosure actions in court and assisting clients in obtaining and collecting deficiency judgments.
- Foreclosure alternatives – promoting the client’s interest, where possible, by arranging for alternatives to foreclosure, such as facilitating reinstatements, forbearance agreements, deeds-in-lieu of foreclosure, consent foreclosures, loan modifications, and settlements.
- Tax lien and condominium lien foreclosures – enforcing and collecting real estate, secured debt on behalf of holders of tax liens and condominium liens.
- Forcible detainer actions – initiating suits to obtain possession of property for landlords, contract sellers and other owners of real estate.
- Title issues – reviewing title abstracts and policies as well as handling title claims.